Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have svchost, but...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gman4757

gman4757

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

All signs point to me having svchost on my computer (in fact, I've even seen the name of it on error messages before, but until today,I thought nothing of it)  so I came here for the guide and followed it pretty closely. However, I was stymied pretty much immediately, as any time I tried to open the MBAM rootkit detector, or rkill (even after trying to rename them) I was met with the same "The requested resource is in use" error, even when booting in start mode. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

edited

Edited by Broni, 17 October 2017 - 09:19 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Hacked2theByte

Hacked2theByte

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Try changing your language to Italian, and your region. It will do a soft reset, stumble thru the install, and run, then change back to En

#4 Emm_24

Emm_24

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

I'm going to try that Hacked! I usually boot off established connections by disabling wan, that way I can keep an eye on my network still on my router admin page. I have learned to make sure Mobil phones are off too. My computer has been accessed via Wi-Fi, hotspots, and Bluetooth. If that doesn't work I pull the main plug and give it some time. I then take back admin rights with cmd "net user administrator /active:yes". Maybe finagle some security settings or use task scheduler to get back full access (often admin will have restrictions too). I make sure I have a plan for when I do get back on the internet e.g.. where and what I'm downloading, I'll send myself the links if possible. Never know long the coast will be clear. Oh and safe mode with networking, but now with win 10 that's another task too. Good luck!

#5 SarahH122

SarahH122

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

I posted a couple below you-major hacking issues-but when I press control alt delete on my computer to see what's running, there's always like 20 places that say "svchost.exe" and a lot of times they are run by SYSTEM and I don't have "permission" to access them. I have guest mode off and have a firewall-does that mean that we are being the "host" for someone remotely connected to us? Sorry that wasn't helpful-I obviously know less than you- but I had someone look at it before and he said it's a "normal win 10 process". Are we talking about the same thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users