Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win pro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 waveydavey

waveydavey

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

I was wondering if you could help,I had Win 10 pro and it was on my computer which I changed because it had many faults one of which was the hard drive.The new computer has Win 10 on it and seems to be running fine.is there a way to get Win10 pro to run on it again without having to buy a copy,

Edited by waveydavey, 17 October 2017 - 09:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

you mean you want windows 10 pro on it again?

no way to do it legally without purchasing a license for it.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

I was wondering if you could help,I had Win 10 pro and it was on my computer which I changed because it had many faults one of which was the hard drive.The new computer has Win 10 on it and seems to be running fine.is there a way to get Win10 to run on it again without having to buy a copy,

This is a little confusing.  If I understand this correctly you have two computers which at one time both had Windows 10 installed in them.  The new computer came with Windows 10, so I would have to assume that the old computer had Windows ten installed on it at one time at least.  If this is the case there shouldn't be any problem since the product code is digitally recorded.  This means that you can reinstall Windows 10 on this computer.  You would need to have the same version that was installed originally, ex:  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive. There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Edited by dc3, 17 October 2017 - 12:15 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 waveydavey

waveydavey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

I'm sorry my message should have read "is there a way to get Win 10pro to run on it without having to buy a copy"

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Please answer my questions in my previous post.

Is the computer that you want to install Windows 10 the old one?

Did this computer have Windows 10 installed on it at any time?

What operating system do you have installed on this computer currently?

If you had Windows 10 installed on that computer you can use the instructions in my previous post.

If you did not have Windows 10 installed on this computer but had Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 you can upgrade to Windows 10 by using the Assistive Technologies option.  Microsoft doesn't check to see if you are using Assistive Technologies or not so you will have no problem doing this upgrade.  This option will cease to be available by December 31st of this year.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 waveydavey

waveydavey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

My computer which had Win10 pro on it the hard disk expired.,The new computer has Win 10 on it.I was wondering if there was any way I could get Win 10 pro on my new computer with out having to buy a copy.I still have my old computer with me it just does not work.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

I see your last post mirrors the PM you sent me.  There is a forum rule which states that topics can not be discussed via PMs.

Now I understand what you were asking.  Unfortunately I do not know of any way to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without purchasing a product code for that version. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users