Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistant crash issues

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a persistant BSOD problem for quite some time now and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. There are to major problems, crashing during games and a random crash during regular use.

The latest game I've had crashing is Rise of the Tomb Raider, I know wsome games are buggy but I seem to have a disproportionate number of them crash on me. This agme crashes every time I play it agter 5-15 minutes. Sometimes it crashes to desktop and other times it BSOD's.

The second crash happens randomly during normal system use with no observable interval or pattern. The system will BSOD and the continue to BSOD on windows boot for several cycles before working normally again. It will boot windows just until you hit the lock screen at which point it will BSOD, it will do this a few times and then go back to working normally. This will happen once every week or two but sometimes a couple times a week.

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 1100t

MSI 790FX-GD70

GTX 660ti

Creative Soud Blaster Zx

1TB Seagate SSHD

So far I've tried everything I can think to try, including:

Windows 10 64bit

Updating all drivers

Updating BiOS

Clean install of video drivers

Clean boot

Windows memory test

Ensuring all hardware is seated

Ensuring there is no overheating

System File Check

In addition to my attached system files this is what I get in windows reliability history:

Here's the info from the Reliability history:

When RIse of the Tomb Raider crashes to Desktop:

Faulting application name: ROTTR.exe, version: 1.0.770.1, time stamp: 0x5909bb0a
Faulting module name: ROTTR.exe, version: 1.0.770.1, time stamp: 0x5909bb0a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000369c820
Faulting process id: 0x4f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3469c6d3b32b8
Faulting application path: C:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider\ROTTR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider\ROTTR.exe
Report Id: 12e82e0f-e7d3-4663-880d-0e00f9267a78
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

When Rise of the Tomb Raider BSODs

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000001 (0x000000006168222c, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000ffff, 0xffffde013b8e2cc0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 71f47ab9-d406-4876-8be1-fde740a90493.

I don't have anything for when the system does the BSOD loop, however.

If there is any more infoo you guys need please let me know.

For some reason it's telling me that my system files archive is too large to attach even though it let me attach it in a reply down below, please find it there.

Thank you kindly in advance.

<script> </script>

<script> </script>

Edited by DigitalEternal, 17 October 2017 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. (Your post is empty!) Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Oh, that's really strange, none of my post was posted, I guess I'll have to re-type it.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Strange indeed... take your time. :)

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Odd it just did it again where it didn't post my text.

But, there we go, I wasn't able to get that file collection app working, however. When I run it the window flashes on screen for a split asecond and no folders are created.

Edited by DigitalEternal, 17 October 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

O.K., let try this alternate tool:

https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

#7 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

That one seemend to have worked, file attached.

Attached Files

#8 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

No one? Bummer.

Edited by DigitalEternal, 18 October 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Sorry for the tardy response. Unfortunately, I can't get the dumps to load in WinDbg — WinDbg itself crashes. I suspect some sort of symbol issue. Hence, I have very little information of what's going on in the system.

Just a quick question... what is the PSU make/model/wattage/voltages in the BIOS?

I strongly suggest you start these hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Run MemTest86 first (EIGHT passes), then SeaTools second (LONG GENERIC test - for all drives), and continue with the rest of the diagnostics (e.g. Prime95, Furmark).

Regards,

bwv848

#10 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

No problem at all, I really appreciate your help.

The PSU is a Rosewill Capstone 750-m, 750w.

I will run those diagnostics and get back to you with what the BIOS reports on the PSU.

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

No problem at all, I really appreciate your help.

You're welcome. :)

The PSU is a Rosewill Capstone 750-m, 750w.

Plenty of power for a system like yours, unless it's defective — how old is it?

I will run those diagnostics and get back to you with what the BIOS reports on the PSU.

Thank you!

Regards,

bwv848

#12 DigitalEternal

DigitalEternal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Funny thing happened.... I was running Memtest86 and it had done a couple passes with no errors, I left for an hour or so to let ie continue and when I came back my PC was off. So, I tried turning it on but nothing happened, a couple lights on the motherboard would blink but that would be it. I then proceeded to try a different PSU, different memory and even a different CPU all with no luck. I got the system to turn on a couple times but it just spun up, nothing was displayed on screens and there was no hard drive activity.

Now it doesn't even blink the lights when I try to trun it on, nothing happens at all, I'm guessing my motherboard has met an untimely end.

I'm not sure what happened, could memtest have really stressed it so much that it failed? There must have been a failing component nut it just seems so sudden.

Now I'm using an ancient laptop which I dug out of the basement, the pain of using this thing is hard to discripe, nothing like waiting 5 minutes for anything to load lol

Well I guess I'll be doing a premature system upgrade, really wasn't planning on it as my old system ran everything quite nicely, oh wewll. Now to decide on a new system, I'm thinking Ryzen.

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

I'm not sure what happened, could memtest have really stressed it so much that it failed? There must have been a failing component nut it just seems so sudden.

Probably not. At most MemTest86 could have killed the RAM, but only if the RAM was already failing. Likewise, I suspect that the motherboard had been already failing for a while — just as you said. Of course keep in mind that it could just have been an ugly coincidence. (I'm assuming that none of the other components are responsible, as you've already ruled them out.)

Regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users