Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Bar no longer works properly....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

When I click on an item in the Task Bar to open something or to right click it to close the window etc, I cannot proceed, as now when I move the cursor above the Task Bar those images disappear.

Any way to stop this happening? Grateful for help.

Using Chrome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Do you have Fast Startup enabled?  (Control Panel, Power Options, Choose what the power button does link will get you to that page)?

If so, try doing a Restart on the computer rather than Shut Down then see if the issue disappears.  Please report back afterward regarding whether this worked or not.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for responding.

Fast Startup is enable and I've always had it so. A Restart didn't help.

A little history(past 3 hours) - The Task Bar glitch appeared but not with the Task View which allowed me to move the cursor to any of the panes appearing.

Then I got a biggish Win update (with the concomitant restarts) to the Creators (version 1703 15063.674). Now the Task View has this cursor glitch.

I don't see any solution in the Taskbar Settings or have I missed something/

#4 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

I don't know if I'm wrong but I am/was sure that the Task View enabled a user to click on the showing panes but now I'm thinking I'm mistaken and that it is only for showing (by hovering the cursor over it) what can be accessed by the System Tray  or other Taskbar icons.

Is this so?

Right clicking on a Taskbar item to close it or to open a new window  etc.still disappears when the cursor moves to any item.

Edited by zzzz, 17 October 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#5 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

I'm now on my laptop and I have found that the Taskbar glitch does not happen. I can click on Task View and move the cursor to a pane to open it or close programs from Taskbar icons so my PC glitch is a glitch and very troubling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users