Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smp2.exe file seems like a virus, and keeps re-activating itself upon restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lgoudie

lgoudie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

Hello,

I downloaded what seems to be a very bad virus, which I believe to be hidden under the name smp2.exe (since it opens whenever I restart/restore my computer). It prevents startup of MalwareBytes and ESETPoweliksCleaner and does not seem to be removed by Windows Defender (in online and offline modes). While some of the malware that is triggered by it is reduced with rKill, the original file scmp2.exe does not seem to get recognized by rKill. I am thinking in order to remove it I might have to delete a copy file of scmp2.exe from the registry, but was looking for advice before I take any drastic actions

Please help and thank you for your time!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hello, It appears you have malware running from points it should not and we need adeeper look to find them.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users