Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FF Browser not working correctly

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi all,been having trouble with ff since the last few updates.Will not go to my start page,this is the message I get:

Still not able to restore your session?Sometimes a tab is causing the issue.View previous tabs, remove the checkmark from the tabs you don’t need to recover, and then restore.

I am not trying to restore anything,just trying to get to my startpage.Does anyone have a solution.

FYI tried disabling add-ons,does not help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

When you first startup Firefox are you seeing a different start page from what you want? Or is it something else that is happening?

If you are seeing a different Start Page than the one you want when starting Firefox....describe what you are seeing.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 landscaper

landscaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

Yes,I am not seeing my startpage.Page says restore session and then the text I described above.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

May or may not be adware or malware related. I suggest you backup your Bookmarks and do a complete uninstall

and reinstall of Firefox. That includes deleting your profile, too. Once you have run the uninstaller then click on Start > enter Firefox in the search box

and delete all the files. You should do a search for Mozilla, too. Delete all Mozilla files as well.

Download Firefox from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

After reinstalling Firefox and same problem occurs then start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do?  Forum.

You can also try just reinstalling Firefox without deleting your profile. Just run the uninstaller and then download and reinstall.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 landscaper

landscaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thanx for the advice but found the problem.Went into options and unticked remember history.Actually my grandson did it for me.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hmmm...that's odd. I don't see the connection to your "problem" with "remember history". Below are my settings

and I have no problem such as you had. I do allow Firefox's cache to be deleted upon closing Firefox.

This image may appear slightly different in Windows. I'm using Firefox in a Linux OS.

M0rEk3I.png

#7 landscaper

landscaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

Those have been my settings also for as long as I have used FF.Just does not work anymore?????????????????????

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Looks like a bug on certain systems. I have another minor bug since updating to 56. I'm not going to try

to find a fix for it....instead will wait for Firefox to update a couple of times or until 57 is released. I predict more

bugs and maybe some confusion when 57 is released. Hope I'm wrong. 57 is scheduled for release Nov. 14th in Windows.

#9 landscaper

landscaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

I believe you might be right although I have a laptop running 10 and another desktop running 7 and they both work fine,who knows but

thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users