Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sd card problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

hi my friends,

my sandisk 16 gb class 10 sd card seems to have serious problems

the card is not recognize by my sd card reader nor can be formatted

the card cannot be formatted by my canon powershot a1400 either

i was using that card since last april 

i have tried to low format the card by a low level format utility but the card is full of bad sectors

i don't think that an sd card ''last only'' for some hundreds writes and reads or even twenty or something formats

unfortunately i do not have a micro usb cable to connect my camera to my pc and so i use a card reader (a cheap card reader that i bought from jumbo mega stores for less than a euro)

i am not sure if i have finally damage my sd card because of the frequent insertion into the card reader

any comments ?

thanks

Edited by nickos, 15 October 2017 - 11:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users