Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox comes with new virus or easily hacked?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

i just went on the computer the other day and i had the popup notification that Firefox had just downloaded the latest updates and needed to restart.  okay.  not the first time for this...

then JUST NOW, i was surfing and i get a new tab opened with the firefox logo and the notification theres a new firefox update (exe. file) that i needed to load and run.  it had this URL as the "source of the tab" (?) 

https://nahzeplanet-traffic.net/97110867060927/92c69b0020e936d2373d249d6bad7059/54e2142baf8b5eaf027db51a5f2f7119.html

this isnt the first time ive had this happen and the "URL "source" has always been some nonsensical gibberish (NAHZEPLANET?  really?)

i just close the tab and "x out" of the pop up window.  are these little embedded viruses or is Firefox just vulnerable to getting hacked?

Edited by hamluis, 15 October 2017 - 02:16 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

I've never gotten anything like that and I use Firefox exclusively....for a lot of years. There may be adware or malware on your computer.

You may not be using an ad blocker and you may not of blocked third party cookies from loading. You may be a frequent visitor of a hacked or malicious website.

If you have an ad blocker installed then you should ask one of the mods to move this topic to the Am I Infected....Forum.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 PuzzledToo

PuzzledToo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

I got that same critical update message from nahzeplanet a few times during the last few months. It's appeared on two different Firefox profiles. Norton always blocks it. I then use ctrl-alt-del and use the Task Manager to close Firefox. Usually it pops back up when I re-open FF and I have to close & open FF a few times so it doesn't pop back up. I've run Malewarebytes & the PC is clean, so I'm presuming the attack is coming from an outside source.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

PuzzledToo...Do you have an ad blocker installed and you have blocked Third Party cookies from installing? If so, then you should

start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? Forum.

You obviously have some malware or adware on the computer.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users