Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video files won't play audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imagine-02

imagine-02

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

I've been trying to fix this problem for months with no luck and haven't been able to find anyone with my specific problem yet.

I've updated every driver I could think of, installed multiple codec packs, and have done multiple system component scans.

I can open and play video files (pretty much any format) in win media player and vlc player, but the audio won't play.

If I open the same files with video editing software like win live movie maker or magix movie edit, the audio DOES work.

I've been having another problem that may or may not be related. Sometimes when watching videos online, they will freeze and I get an error message, AMD display driver not responding.

Quick specs:

AMD FirePro V4900 Video Card

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Motherboard

Intel Core i5-25000 Sandy Bridge Quad-core 3.3GHz Processor

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB F3-12800CL9D RAM

Crucial MX200 2.5" 500GB SATA III Solid State Drive

Edited by imagine-02, 14 October 2017 - 10:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

What sort of speakers are you using and how are you connecting them ?

For example, my monitor is connected by DVI cable and I play the sound through my sound card to a mini hi-fi unit and drive the speakers from that.

And one really silly point - you haven't got the speaker mute switch on ?  Surprising how often little things like this get overlooked. I've just spent a couple of months on and off trying to get sound out through my Linux setup and just discovered yesterday I had the audio pointing at the digital and not the analogue output.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users