Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows is sending print jobs to the wrong printer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rshari123

rshari123

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Product Name: HP DeskJet 2655
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista

Hello there! i am new user on this forum.

Actual reason, Windows may select a new default printer--the one it automatically sends print jobs to.  When i give command to print any dacument from HP DeskJet 2655 then printer select a deaufult printer and not take to print the dacument. i facing this problem so if anyone give me brief reason or help me to resolve this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Hi rshari:

If you select File | Print from the menu (not the Printer icon on the toolbar, which automatically prints to the default printer), select your HP DeskJet printer from the Name dropdown list and click the OK button, does your document print to the correct printer?  My screenshot below was captured from MS Word.

Attached File  Vista SP2 File Print Printer Name.png   28.17KB   0 downloads

If not, go to Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Printers, select your HP Deskjet printer and then click on the Set as Default button.  After you have set your HP DeskJet as your default printer it should have a green checkmark next to the printer name.  Then re-boot your computer and see if you are able to print to your HP DeskJet.

Attached File  Vista SP2 Set Printer as Default.png   31.62KB   0 downloads

-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.4.0 * NS Premium v22.11.0.41 * HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One

Edited by lmacri, 15 October 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#3 rshari123

rshari123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Dear, i get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users