Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wico Boss joystick 9-pin to USB adapter won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Commodore64

Commodore64

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Hello. My Wico Boss joystick with 9 holes attached to a USB adapter won't work in WinVice 3.1. I don't know why. I changed the joystick settings a lot, but the 5 lights for each joystick won't light up at all. Any ideas why?

C64

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

I am not a big fan of adapters, there are too many different configurations for the joysticks for every model to work right.  I assume the adapter is a nine pin serial DIN plug (the joystick) to USB.  Sometimes this requires an adjustment in the control panel on the USB controls to communicate properly.

Edited by mjd420nova, 14 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#3 Commodore64

Commodore64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

I assume the adapter is a nine pin serial DIN plug (the joystick) to USB.  Sometimes this requires an adjustment in the control panel on the USB controls to communicate properly.

Yes, the adapter is a cable connecting the 9 pin serial DIN plug (the joystick) to a USB port. I'll try adjusting the USB controls in the control panel like you said, and see if I can get it working. Thank you for your response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users