Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ping Spikes for Xbox Live via Ethernet Cable to PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 P_Blah

P_Blah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hi there,

I live in student dorms using 'eduroam' wifi. It normally doesn't allow Xbox Live to be used from it, but I did a workaround of simply attaching an Ethernet cable from my laptop to my Xbox One. 

Now this works but the problem is that I get consistent spikes in ping making any online game unplayable. 

I have a few limitations when it comes to fixing this. Firstly, the router is in my room, but there is a padlock on it which I can't open ( meaning they don't want me to mess round with it) thus I cannot reset it by pressing the reset button. It also means I cannot attach an Ethernet cable directly from the router to the xbox as that damn padlock is stopping me.

Is there any workaround I can do from my laptop, like somehow resetting the router wirelessly? 

I recently updated my network adapter drivers so I don't think they're the problem. 

Any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Patrick

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8094 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 371 GB (102 GB Free); D: 558 GB (546 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X555LAB
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users