Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting "suspicious behavior" popups from ZA-THEY are suspicious.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Zone Alarm popup says:

"SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR
Firefox is trying to communicate with Explorer.exe by opening its process."

I use W7 and Firefox 56.0. I'm the ONLY user, with administrative privileges, but someone ELSE has access to administrative privileges, so I have to reset my PC to a Public rather than Home or Work group every time I boot up. I don't have any kind of wireless device, but lots of roaming is done on my PC. So you've got the message that I'm rather fully infected.

I see no reason to allow this warning from Zone Alarm.

My decision can be made permanent. I choose deny, permanently, but it comes back incessantly. Proof of its nefarious nature.

Firefox seems, otherwise, to function normally. Just slow. I have to decide on that action when I open a link or new tab, and it does nothing until I click accept or deny. But after denying it, things load properly anyway.

This same thing happens when I use Wise Care 365, a disk  cleaner, but it only pops up 4 times, no more. It never used to do that, either.

What legitimate reason can Firefox and the scanner have for needing to open the Explorer.exe process? When they never did before.

I have never had this popup before, and I'm sure it is malware, because it does NOT remember my decision and keeps coming back. Constantly.

But I've got to ask - is there any reason Firefox has to open the Explorer.exe process? If so, why does a legitimate action become "suspicious behavior?"

A program I've used a long time shouldn't suddenly need to open Explorer.exe.

Is there a way to track down the source of these popups to the program that is making the requests?

Also, how can I block ALL wireless or other external devices from getting into my PC? I want NONE of them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users