Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double USB?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

I was wondering what this adata type usb is for. I stole it thinking it was a memory but when I got home I noticed it had two types of heads. The regular USB and the mini usb commonly used to for cell phones. When I plug it in it has its drivers the pc reads it but theres nothing there. Like it doesnt have a memory. I thought about returning but then I figured first I want to find out whats it for. It has me wondering. I thought about formatting it but I cant. I then thought it was for charging batteries or something. It could just be a memory but just that its damaged. I noticed it also doesnt have its memory size on display like they usually do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shellfishclive

Shellfishclive

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

If it's a little golden thing then it is just a USB stick that supports both USB A and USB C, some machines don't have USB A these days. I am either guessing it has some fault or bad sectors if it can't be read by your machine, or it could be formatted for Mac which generally have USB C these days. You should just return though as it's not your and it is obviously of no use to you.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

I stole it

Umm, what?

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users