Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anonymizers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 K/H_Addict

K/H_Addict

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

Okay, so i am a senior in high school, and my county issues us laptops. However, a ton of websites are blocked, such as myspace.com and gamefaqs.com. I am here to ask for ways around the blocks. I tried google, but a lot of the searches are blocked, and when i find a search that isn't blocked, 98% of the results are (this is how i stumbled upon this site).

I know of one site that isn't blocked (https://w8.chickenkiller.com), but it doesnt work at home, which is where i want it to work. When i try to access it, it doesn't come up as blocked, but IE says that "the page cannot be displayed."

Does anyone here know of any proxy sites that do not have cgi or proxy or anonymizer in the URL?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:32 AM

my county issues us laptops.

However, a ton of websites are blocked, such as myspace.com and gamefaqs.com. I am here to ask for ways around the blocks.

With those statements I will quote from the forum rules which can be found here.

Specifically, I will apply this rule: No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

In this case I will simply close this thread. We will not allow the discussion of circumventing of school safeguards, within this forum.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users