Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank screen,noisy fan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 18jberry

18jberry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

Hi, I have Packard bell laptop which gave me problems with blue screen errors. The other day I tried to reinstall Windows but unfortunately the blue screen was disrupting the process and the laptop kept on restarting until it went blank and fan being noisy. Whenever I turn it on the power light goes on, screen is blank and is making a lot of noise and it never stop..I tried different ram but no change..could you please help me fix this??
Laptop specs: Packard bell EasyNoteENTE69AP
Intel Celeron Processor N3350
2GB ram
64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shellfishclive

Shellfishclive

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

Sounds like it could be an overheating issue, try opening the laptop up and checking the fans are clean and just check if the laptop itself is generally clean inside. If it is and the temps are fine then it could also be a fault with the hardware but I would clean it out first.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Can you boot into the BIOS?

If you can you can change the boot order so that the DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd/ssd is the second device in the boot order.

You will need the installation media to boot from and run the Startup Repair in the System Recovery Options.  You can use the Windows Media Creation Tools to create Windows 8.1 installation media.  You will have the option to use either a disc (DVD) or a flash drive to create the installation media.  Click on the link below and follow the instructions.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on different PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

There is a chance that you may be asked for your Windows product code for this installation.

How to find your Windows product code with the Speccy Snapshot

Please download and install Speccy to find your Windows product code.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see an image similar to the one below.

speccy1.png

Under Summary click on Operating System.

The product code is listed as Serial Number:.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users