Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Refreshing multiple tabs at same time?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 robby501

robby501

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Sometimes during my work I have 15 or so tabs open within a window and I'd really like to be able to refresh them all at once without having to click on each one separately and then hitting the refresh arrow 15 times over!

I'm hoping that there's a way of doing this..I'm a rookie pc user and am hoping I've missed something blindingly obvious!

Thank you :thumbup2:

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

Windows Defender/firewall

Regular scans with Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, HitmanPro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

Google Chrome, FireFox have addons, extensions, that do exactly that.  I do not know if Internet Explorer or Edge have such things.  Which browser are you using?  Chrome and FF each have their own "stores".

Edited by RolandJS, 12 October 2017 - 02:15 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 robby501

robby501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

Ok thanks Roland, yes I tried using an auto-refresh add-on that I acquired via Chrome store but found that, whilst it auto-refreshed each tab every 15 seconds (can be set to exact duration), I still had to set it initially on each individual tab prior to using. Whilst this did save me a little time and frustration, it didn't really achieve the objective that I wanted it too. Sure, there may well be other add-ons/extensions available that might be able to achieve what I want, and admittedly I haven't made much of an effort to seek another tool thus far.

What would be ideal is, say for instance, to have a right-click option on the refresh arrow to enable the option to 'refresh all tabs'. But then again, beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Yes, I'll have a better scout-around the stores and see if I can find something more appropriate, as indeed you suggested.

Thanks for your time. :)

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

For Chrome:  Awesome Reload All Tabs -- that should still be in the store.

I forgot what the FF doodad is, have to look it up when I get home - if you're also using FF.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 robby501

robby501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

For Chrome:  Awesome Reload All Tabs -- that should still be in the store.

I forgot what the FF doodad is, have to look it up when I get home - if you're also using FF.

BRILLIANT!

Thank you, Sir!

Awesome Reload A.T. is perfect!

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

for your gracious, kind, words:

"My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, and I thank you!"

-- revisiting James Cagney, being George Cohan, in Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)

Edited by RolandJS, 12 October 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#7 robby501

robby501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:31 AM

:P Haha no worries, nice quote! 

Just one more thing I'd like to ask here....more hardware related...

Using this extension to refresh multiple tabs at once does appear to be placing a big demand on CPU power, nigh-on 100% during the time that it is performing it's task (which takes about 15 seconds). Obviously I realise that this is normal and unavoidable as I'm not exactly running the most sophisticated of devices - a 4 year old i3-powered notebook.

My reason for concern is that because I am using the extension possibly 5-6 times within a 5 minute period multiple times a day (using it to refresh horse racing odds price pages in the run-up to races, just before they start), is there a chance that this could prematurely wear out the CPU due to repeatedly max-loading it in quick/short bursts? From what I gather, heat build-up is what kills processors over time, but heat build-up is not the issue here because I don't use the extension for long enough for heat to build in the first place.

I guess what I am trying to ask is will these frequent (but short) burst of operating at 100% cpu power SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the life/cause degradation of my device's CPU? :o

Edited by robby501, 13 October 2017 - 04:38 AM.

#8 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hi robby501,

Within Chrome Browser, you are able to reload your tabs without a Chrome Extension. This is what I do:

Hold down the Ctrl+Shift key -> without releasing the keys -> click 1st tab -> click last tab -> release Ctrl+Shift key -> right click on last tab -> in drop down menu, click on reload. You will see your tabs reload.

If this works for you, if you wish, you will be able to disable or remove the Chrome Extension you added.

#9 robby501

robby501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hi robby501,

Within Chrome Browser, you are able to reload your tabs without a Chrome Extension. This is what I do:

Hold down the Ctrl+Shift key -> without releasing the keys -> click 1st tab -> click last tab -> release Ctrl+Shift key -> right click on last tab -> in drop down menu, click on reload. You will see your tabs reload.

If this works for you, if you wish, you will be able to disable or remove the Chrome Extension you added.

Nice one, thanks. That works real well too! :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users