Welcome to BC...
There is a chance that using the two tools below will allow you to use your security to scan for malware. Worth a try. If
they fail in their mission then I suggest you start a new topic in the malware removal forum by following the last set of directions below.
Download AVCertClean that will scan the Disallowed registry key for legitimate blocked keys and remove them. To use the tool, simply download and execute it. The program will then automatically remove blocked certificates.
Download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop. Use the renamed iExplore.exe http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully
- Do not reboot until you have attempted to run your security programs or have downloaded and run MBAM per instructions below.
Malwarebytes - Clean Mode
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
- Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply
If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:
Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
If the above is not successful then do this:
Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
- If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
- In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.
Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.
After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.