Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 11z 1121 onboard mouse not working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hi,

I have another issue with this Dell Inspiron 11z 1121 other than the screen not working wright.

The owner of this laptop spilled some coffee on the onbaord touchpad just before bringing it to me and since then the touchpad doesn't work

I opened the laptop up and the touchpad looks fine, it is all dry and I don't see any obvious damage.

So, is there a way to fix this issue, replace the touchpad and the right and left clickers?

It looks like the touchpad courser part is glued to the under part of the where you move your finder across to move the curser.

Meaning that it looks like it might be a difficult part to replace? So, can the touchpad part be replaced? Is it worth it?

So far, I suggested to the owner to purchase a USB mouse, thinking it to be the less expensive fix for the situation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Edited by Johnz414, 12 October 2017 - 10:40 AM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

From the service manual it looks like the trackpad is integrated into the palm rest.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1121_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Double Tap in the upper left corner of the track pad.  Does a light on the pad come on or go off?  I've had users accidentally disable the touch pad that way.

Odds are it has had too much coffee and would need to be replaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users