Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi all, after some general security advice and check list.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fluffy the Pink

Fluffy the Pink

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hello, long story short: batsh*t crazy ex.

I wouldn't be asking if he didn't know at least one person who could hack and stalk on a highlevel. I'm not 'argh' worried but a couple of thing were said and I'm the sort of person who just checks that...

Right, I didn't think to check my router logs before I did a full reset but that and the password are now secure. Exacly what should I be looking for in a virgin media router log to check for dodgy connections from now on and what would be the best security setting for it?

I've changed all important passwords and checked my google accout, seems ok. Only hmmm is a Mac using a Safri browser but the locations sugest it might be my mobile using Dolphin browser. Can anyone confirm this or is this dogdy?

I'm currently running  a full Avast deepscan with a boot scan and a malwarebytes custom scan with everything checked. Would this pick anything up? What should I look for when they are done? Should I check with a different program? I do also hav PIA and the VPN is almost always on. Is there anything in there that I need to check or any specific security settings that should be be using?

How do I find out if he's had someone spying through my laptops camera? This is the bit that I'm having slight alarm bells over. The things that got said could well be just be a good guess but he has one friend I know of capable of this. What do I need to check?

I'm pretty alert so I don't recall installing anything I do not trust the source of, I don't install ANYthing from emails or go to any link out of one  I don't recognise. But...  Hackers gonna hack.

Would some one be kind enough to just run me through a 'let's just check that' list please?

I'm probably being a bit paranoid but I am a firm believer in the great god Justin Case.

Thanks

Fluffy.

Edit: I just found that the remote accces was enabled. I know I checked that that was switched off when I got the laptop 8 months ago. It's one of my standard is that switched off checks with any new pc involving microsoft. 

We broke up in march. He's not pc savy but he can follow instructions and at no point have I had ANY remote contact on this laptop. Where do I find the remote access logs and what am I looking for, please?

Edited by Fluffy the Pink, 12 October 2017 - 08:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users