Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a bigger and brighter Bleeping Computer!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:13 PM

BuildingBleeping Computer is pleased to announce two new additions to our site.
The first is the Bleeping Computer Chat room that is available for all members and guests. You can find a link to the chat section at the top of every page on this site. There are instructions on how to use this service as well as a Web Chat client in case you do not want to be bothered with configuring a desktop client like Mirc. Stop on by and chat with us and meet your fellow members in a real-time chat!The second upgrade is a major overhaul to the arcade system! Though we do not have any new games, the new ranking system and tournaments should make you happy. Be sure to take a look at this section, Fun & Games and explore the new settings and options available to you. If some of you would like to create a tournament for a particular game, post a message in the games forum and we will create the tournament for you.We hope you like these new additions and if there is any comments or suggestions in regards to making Bleeping Computer a more comfortable place, please do not hesitate to let us know in the forums or as comments to this news item.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

I think these are great additions. Stupid games, I actually set there and played them for to long, they side tracked me, they are addictive, lol. And for the chat room, I can't get in, I have java enabled I believe but it still tells me to download required components :-/

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:40 PM

You should let it download the components as that is chat program itself. THey are safe to download and install

#4 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

It just gave me one of those windows with the puzzle in it and took me to the java download site, and I did download it and reinstall java runtime 2 or w/e...but still nothing, lol.

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:18 PM

I like the improvements. Some of my ideas were implemented, and I thank you. I have not had the time to look at everything, but from what I have seen, I do enjoy.

I found out about the new version of Pengu, and it would be nice to include it as a new game...they are up to 5 now...
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users