Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Witty Worm Targets Iss Products

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:16 AM

A new worm, called the Witty Worm, has been discovered on Saturday, March 20th, that targets computers running popular products by Internet Security Systems.

This worm utilizes a known bug in the software to write large amounts of data to your hard drive in the hopes of causing hard drive damage. There has been a fix for this bug since March 9th available from ISS on their website. It is greatly encouraged if you use any of the below listed programs, that you get the appropriate update for your software in order to not be affected by this bug.

• BlackICE™ Agent for Server 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf

• BlackICE PC Protection 3.6 cbz, ccd, ccf

• BlackICE Server Protection 3.6 cbz, ccd, ccf

• RealSecure® Network 7.0, XPU 22.4 and 22.10

• RealSecure Server Sensor 7.0 XPU 22.4 and 22.10

• RealSecure Desktop 7.0 ebf, ebj, ebk, ebl

• RealSecure Desktop 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf

• RealSecure Guard 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf

• RealSecure Sentry 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf

View: ISS Website

View: Internet Security systems Security Alert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

Yeah.... I got hit with this guy... he sucks. I was lucky my SAV server caught it and so did my Symantec firewall. I just disabled black ice untill they come out with a fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users