A new worm, called the Witty Worm, has been discovered on Saturday, March 20th, that targets computers running popular products by Internet Security Systems.
This worm utilizes a known bug in the software to write large amounts of data to your hard drive in the hopes of causing hard drive damage. There has been a fix for this bug since March 9th available from ISS on their website. It is greatly encouraged if you use any of the below listed programs, that you get the appropriate update for your software in order to not be affected by this bug.
- BlackICE™ Agent for Server 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf
- BlackICE PC Protection 3.6 cbz, ccd, ccf
- BlackICE Server Protection 3.6 cbz, ccd, ccf
- RealSecure® Network 7.0, XPU 22.4 and 22.10
- RealSecure Server Sensor 7.0 XPU 22.4 and 22.10
- RealSecure Desktop 7.0 ebf, ebj, ebk, ebl
- RealSecure Desktop 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf
- RealSecure Guard 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf
- RealSecure Sentry 3.6 ebz, ecd, ece, ecf
View: ISS Website
View: Internet Security systems Security Alert