Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SNR tweaking and Bonded Adsl2+ for slow Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trr1ppy

Trr1ppy

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Hello Bleepers

I have recently moved back to the country and Im missing Twitch Streaming a lot. My current internet is a maximum of 16Mbps down and 0.7 Mbps up. I am 200m from the exhange.
To squeeze the most out of my internet I want to try and modify the SNR of my router and/or modem.
I have a Archer C7 v2 with the latest firmware and a Thompson TG782T in bridge mode, Is there anyway I can modify the SNR on one or both of these devices?
I suspect not so I was planning on buying the Billion BiPAC 7800VDPX That allows the SNR to be modified unless someone can recommend me a cheaper modem with dual band wireless and SNR modification.

I don't suspect modifying the SNR will do much so I think my best option is bonding 2 Adsl2+ lines, from what Ive researched the hardware is expensive but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of second hand or the cheapest Adsl Bonders online.

Failing that does anyone have experience with Software bonding services such as speedify.com/desktop-vpn/

Thanks for the help
Jack

Custom Pc

• I7 4770k
    Asus z97 pro w/ wifi ac
  • Gtx 780ti

Ethernet connection to router <1m

• Archer c7 v2
  • Thompson TG782T (bridge mode)

Isp Telstra Adsl2+ 16Mbps / 0.7Mbps
MiniToolBox Log attatched

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   47.49KB   0 downloads

Edited by Trr1ppy, 12 October 2017 - 12:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Best way to bond is to have your ISP do it and bring in a single pair to your location.  Just my opinion but I have found hardware bonding to be less than satisfactory.  At best you get a third more but never double.

No experience with software bonding.

Concerning SNR, btw that's modem only as in the link to the ISP, what is it at now?

Are you able to access it in bridge mode?

#3 Trr1ppy

Trr1ppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Yeah its only a link/bridge and both modem and router dont give an SNR reading, I can access it in bridge mode.
I think for telstra to bond I'd have to qualify as a business and I dont think small time twitch streamer/youtuber would qualify :/ ..?

Edited by Trr1ppy, 12 October 2017 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users