Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN not responding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jstblush

jstblush

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hi,
My homepage is MSN and I keep getting a 'MSN is not responding' message. Then it asks me if I want to recover and look for a solution which I click yes. Then it recovers, works for a little bit, then hangs or freezes again. So no solution! Very frustrating.

I posted in the forum about BSOD and hanging and freezes. Can't remember what it's called right now. Anyhow, I got some help there with the driver for my graphics card. It seemed to help and could use the internet for longer periods of time, but still would freeze and get the message after a while.

I searched the web and it seems this is a very common issue. I've tried a few of the fixes and so far they have not worked. ;(

So, does anyone have any help for me with this frustrating situation? I searched the web and found this to be a very common problem. Tried some of the fixes and it is a no go so far.  ;( 

Also, for some reason, I cannot copy and paste on this site. It works everywhere else I use it, but not here. What am I doing wrong? A setting needs to be changed or something? Once a little box popped up and said to put the message in the box due to my security not allowing the copy and paste here. Tried the box and it wouldn't work either.

So I have had to start my message over  twice now! Ugh!

Anyhow, any and all replies and help will be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Sherry

Edited by hamluis, 12 October 2017 - 08:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Wow...sorry for the double post!

Mod Edit:  No problem, merged posts - Hamluis.

Sherry

Edited by hamluis, 12 October 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Also, for some reason, I cannot copy and paste on this site.

What are you trying to post, text or images?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

I can't copy and paste either one (text or images). Was trying to post text and links when I was on the other forum (Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum) that they asked for. Nothing would work and let me copy and paste. I must have a security setting that needs to be changed according to the little box that popped up. The clipboard icons are grayed out. And if I can get them to appear normal, nothing happens when trying to use them???

In fact, I just tried to copy and paste the forum name that I posted above and couldn't even do that.

Thank you,

Sherry

P.S.

Anyone have any replies about my 'MSN not responding' question?

Edited by jstblush, 12 October 2017 - 12:13 PM.

#5 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

Never mind about the copy and paste issue. Got it figured out!

But still wondering about 'MSN not responding' issue.

Thank you,

Sherry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users