Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

New Build PC Endless Boot Loops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Siraxis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

As the title says. Before you start reading, please check the video I uploaded with the problem: http://

I assume now you saw the video. So we have infinite boot loops and that weird fluctuating sound(This happened when I removed every component except the CPU. When RAM sticks were onboard, it boot-looped but sound was normal). Power switch and reset buttons don't respond during that period, I have to shut it down through PSU switch. Then when I turn the PSU switch on, I have to wait like 5 mins before it powers up again. Before that given time, if I press the PC's power switch, it does nothing until a few minutes pass. You can see that there's no monitor signal. HDMI cable is plugged on board and tested through VGA as well. The motherboard base screws are missing, thus I could not install it inside the computer case. Mobo it's placed upon its box it came with. I mentioned that because some of you may suspect the short-circuit scenario, well I believe that's not the case. My main suspect is the mobo though.

Things I did:

1) Tested 2 different PSUs. (The main PSU I tested, was 100% functional with the previous build)
2) Unplug, then Re-Plug all connectors.
3) Removed components one by one (RAM, VGA, Disks, Front panel headers), till only the CPU's left onboard.
4) Reset CMOS Battery.
5) Read a lot of threads but no clue.

Computer Specs:

Intel G4600
Gigabyte B250M-DS3H
(No point mentioning the other because there're not onboard)

So any solutions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

No solution but a suggestion

Sitting on the box the board isn't grounded, as it would be connected to the case, connected to the power supply. You might consider making a ground connection between the mobo and the psu.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users