I've had the same mouse/keyboard combo for the last 2-3 years, wireless logitech, they've been great. Approximately 2 months ago (3 months? Something like that) they keyboard and mouse started acting erratically. If I move the mouse across the screen, for example, it will begin to move and then stop 1/3 of the way across the screen, even though I'm still moving the mouse. Same with the keyboard, it will either not register that I'm hitting keys or it will repeat the same letter 3 or 4 times (when I only pressed it once). Sounds very similar to https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/657995/mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working/?hl=%2Bmouse#entry4340739 but I don't see any resolution on that one.
Things I've tried:
- Replacing the batteries
- Moving the USB dongle to different USB ports on the computer (front and back)
- Using a wired mouse instead of wireless, same problem, and tried a different wireless mouse with a different USB dongle, same issue
- Various mouse settings such as mouse acceleration
- Deleting the mouse drivers (via device manager) and letting Windows re-install them on reboot
- Checking for driver updates on cpu, graphics card, etc
- Doing a clean boot like the link above suggested. This seems to improve it, but it still glitches sporadically
Any other suggestions on what to try? Computer is a Dell (Vostro I believe?), originally Windows 7 Pro but upgraded with no problems to Win 10 Pro, current with updates. My gut feel is something happened after a Windows update (possibly Creator edition?) but I don't remember for certain when I started noticing it.
Would love any suggestions/tips! It's not constant, but frequent enough that it's beginning to drive me nuts! In these last sentences alone, my keyboard instead typed "nuuts" and "alonone".