Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a new desktop.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrankD.

FrankD.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

I need to buy a new desktop computer and building is not an option because of health problems. I wish there was some one in town that could build one but there is no one.

Just need a good solid computer that can run Win 10 with no problems. There will be no game playing just surfing the internet and watching youtube videos. I would prefer a larges case with a horizontal optical drive. I don’t understand why new computers have vertical optical drives.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Where are you located?

How much are you looking to spend?

Do you absolutely need an optical drive?  If so, what kind (DVD/DVD+RW/BluRay/BluRay+RW)  Very few new machines come with a optical drive these days.

Would be using an external optical drive be an option?

#3 FrankD.

FrankD.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

I am in Alabama.

Spend around 1k or less.

External CD-DVD drive would be ok.

I would like to have a large squared off case space is not a problem.. The new Dell XPS’s are now small I liked the looks of the larger XPS 8900 better.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Here are some machines from New Egg.  Unless you're dead set on the size, you can get smaller.  Like the HP Slice which is about the size of an optical drive.  Then you can get something like this and mount the computer to the back of the monitor.

#5 FrankD.

FrankD.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Kilroy thanks for the help.

How is HP customer service compared to Dell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users