Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Able to connect to wireless but Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Comodo do not work

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

I also have Comodo firewall which didn't show up on the above log.
It keeps having this pop up

"COMODO security agent could not be started"
"Would you like to run the diagnostics tool to fix this error?"

When I hit yes to run the diagnostics tool, it doesn't work, which is weird.

I'm running the other scans as you instructed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Link to TDDSKiller log. It did find 4 threats

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra9ekrf67ugih6v/TDSSKiller.2.8.16.0_12.10.2017_21.13.26_log.txt?dl=0

#18 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

It found some items. Seems OK to clean but wasn't sure so posting:

PUP.Optional.Legacy
Adware.LoadMoney
PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater

AdwCleaner log:

# AdwCleaner 7.0.3.1 - Logfile created on Fri Oct 13 01:33:35 2017
# Updated on 2017/29/09 by Malwarebytes
# Database: 09-29-2017.1
# Running on Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Mode: scan
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services found.

***** [ Folders ] *****

Adware.LoadMoney, C:\ProgramData\Partner
Adware.LoadMoney, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Partner
Adware.LoadMoney, C:\Users\All Users\Partner
PUP.Optional.AuslogicsDriverUpdater, C:\Users\mleedom\AppData\Roaming\Auslogics

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks found.

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\azlyrics.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\chatango.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\cloudfront.net
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\d16fk4ms6rqz1v.cloudfront.net
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\d22j4fzzszoii2.cloudfront.net
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\d3tpuxked45kzt.cloudfront.net
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\disneyonice.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\st.chatango.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\st.chatango.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\www.azlyrics.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\www.disneyonice.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dotomi.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\iad-usadmm.dotomi.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dotomi.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\iad-usadmm.dotomi.com
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1496429893-3420130258-1704578592-1000\Software\APN PIP
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\APN PIP
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1496429893-3420130258-1704578592-1000\Software\YahooPartnerToolbar
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKCU\Software\YahooPartnerToolbar
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Value] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar | {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Value] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser | {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{82351433-9094-11D1-A24B-00A0C932C7DF}
PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{82351441-9094-11D1-A24B-00A0C932C7DF}

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries.

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt ##########

#19 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

For ESET Online Scanner, it can not get update. It says: Is proxy configured?
I turned off my Windows defender and Avira. My Comodo seems corrupted/not working right bc I cannot access the dashboard and no icon appears in the lower right tray to turn it off. I use the free Malwarebytes so I don't have real time protection.

Seems like I cannot run the scan as a result. What should I do?

Thank you.

#20 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,021 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to paste the log but it wouldn't paste. My computer would take way too long to paste it. I'll try dropbox tonight to see if that would work. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post links so thank you for clearing it up. I'll get this done tonight. Sorry for the confusion and sorry for the delay on this.

As I pointed out in post #12, the reason it took so long to attempt the paste is because the log is too large to be posted as a whole.  I also explained that you could break a log up and post it in separate posts.  With Malwarebytes you can click/tap on History to view the log of your last scan.  You can copy and paste this into your topic, it shouldn't bee too large.

PE9rCOy.png

As you can see I had no problem posting the image above.  I use a host website to keep my pictures where I can copy the URL address for a specific picture and use that to post the image.

You have two applications that need to be updated.  If these applications are left outdated this can become a security issue.

Edited by dc3, 13 October 2017 - 09:46 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#21 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,021 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Because of the nature of your infections you need to start a topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.  You will need to do the following prior to starting your topic.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

* If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
   * In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done this, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so this topic can be closed by a Moderator.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Malware Response Team Members.  The MRT members look for topics which have not been addressed.  If you bump your topic it will make it appear that your topic is being addressed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#22 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Thank you.  Seems like my issue is pretty bad then?

I cannot get any of my virus protection to even update.

I will do exactly what you have said.  Any idea how it could get this badly infected when the computer has been off for so long?

Edited by GambitX, 13 October 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#23 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,021 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Please do what I have suggested.  The malware removal expert who will be helping you should be who you address your questions to.

#24 GambitX

GambitX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

Ok thank you.  I will do that as soon as I am home.  Appreciate the assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users