Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Manifest.json(?) removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 winim

winim

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hello,

I am creating this post because I require some assistance in the removal of manifest.json(?). Multiple antivirus programs have been infected and do not register the threat. I have even tried a clean install of different operating systems with no avail. The only program that was able to register something was off was FRST, which I discovered on this site. I first noticed the infection when I tried to log into my router (Sagemcom 5260) to monitor and control bandwidth properties. From there, I have noticed irregularities in my Acer Aspire V5-571p, HP DV4, Xbox 360, Samsung UN55KU6500F tv, and my Apple iPhone 4s. Not entirely sure what it is I'm dealing with, but all fingers point to a manifest.json infection. I haven't been successful, but I also have just enough knowledge to mess stuff up. I was hoping someone with a bit more "know-how" could assist me with the problems I am facing.

Thank you for moving my post to the correct place Hamluis. For whomever decides to help, the reason for no logs or identifying factors is: (1) I'm doing a full reset on the Acer as I type this and logs will be attached after that is done to determine help requirement. (2) This affects such a wide variety of products I'm not sure what the first steps should be and will accept any task regardless of it is redundant or not. (3) Like previously posted, I know enough to mess stuff up, don't want to start posting logs that are unnecessary or otherwise take up someone's time unnecessarily. Please forgive if my ignorance makes things more difficult. Just tired of having a slowed computer and random port forwarding/firewall settings altered.

Ok... so... I now have current and accurate FRST logs to post, but it says no FRST logs should be posted in this forum. My question is: should I post and risk deletion of post or wait for answer and rerun FRST then? 

Also... Even though I thanked Hamluis for moving this post to the "correct" forum. I know it isn't. I'm absolutely sure that I am infected.

Edited by winim, 11 October 2017 - 03:52 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected, no logs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 winim

winim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Multipost :facepalm:

​Why can't I find the delete post button?

Edited by winim, 11 October 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#3 winim

winim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

Multipost :facepalm:

Where is the DELETE button ?!??

Edited by winim, 11 October 2017 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users