Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HamzaRashid

HamzaRashid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

So i was playing PUBG and out of nowhere my pc freezes and my keyboard and mouse LEDS shut off but my screen is still on and showing PUBG (frozen) so i knew it was the ram and removed one stick and my pc worked again, but then when i placed the other stick the DRAM_LED flashed red and my pc didnt boot, so i removed the stick and only used one to update my bios, still no luck, also tried to go to an old version and also removed my CMOS battery and put it back and still didnt work, i know for a fact that it isnt the ram that is faulty because i tried both (individually) and they worked, also dont think it is my motherboard because i got it a month ago and all of the ram slots work as long as i only use one stick, i also tried placing the other ram stick while windows was booting and CPU-Z detected 8GB but my bios and windows didnt. also tried with XMP and without still no luck. any help please?

Use 1 ram stick = works 
check if ram slots works = yes they work 
Update bios & go back to and old version = no luck Remove CMOS = did but no luck 
Try XMP and no XMP = no luck 
Press memok with both ramsticks = nothing happens and pc doesnt boot 
Use memtest86 = did and no issues with ram
ASUS Z170-a (1month old) 
GTX 1050 Ti 
i5 6600k @ 4.6 Ghz 
1TB HDD & 250GB HDD 
8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4

EDIT: I inserted the other Ram stick while windows was running and CPU-Z detected it and it shows 8GB on windows but when i try to reboot it doesnt boot into bios or windows and the DRAM_LED starts blinking again

https://gyazo.com/9febd5582b06a0d0843e6b3c6544d5be

Edited by HamzaRashid, 10 October 2017 - 05:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

Did you check the user manual to see how the RAM modules should be populated?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users