Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problem that i think is windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chrisophoulos

Chrisophoulos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Basically all my problems are normally windows 10 related.

From the beginning...

I have a weird sound problem. I have no idea if its windows 10, software or hardware related.

I'll be using my computer to watch videos or games. Anything and the sound will cut out completely randomly.

I do nothing in a pattern that will cause my computer to do so. Happens on no specific application unless its Discord, which is known to have problems in several ways but I've searched up my problems with them and nothing is similar to what i get.

What happens when the sound cuts out. All sound goes, everything. The game ill be playing will stutter a little consistently but will still actually function but with no sound, all video streaming websites will not work for example : I hit play on a video and it just wont play. youtube, dailymotion etc. Internet is still functional.

To fix the problem i have been resetting my computer which fixes the problem temporarily. The sound will cut out randomly, sometimes it wont happen in a day, sometimes it will happen twice in a day.

Summary : Sounds cuts out on everything. Youtube videos dont work as well as other websites with media files. To solve problem i reset.

Sounds bits im using:

sennheiser gamer zero headset.

Fiio E10k DAC

On the same computer previously i was using my Xonar D2X sound card with Razer Tiamat with no problems.

As of right now I have disconnected the DAC to see if that causes any issues but i have feeling that's not the problem.

I'm posting it here because I'm wondering if there is a windows 10 process that is just randomly turning off in the background that i don't know about

Sorry I am not very good with sound issues on computers. I'm ok with a few tech problems but sound, nah not a clue.

Also my typing was quick as i havent much time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hi, typically with device issues you check their status in device manager, from your description it could well be a driver issue.

Lets see what windows see's as your sound card. Go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy all the cmd text below then right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window and select paste.

wmic sounddev get Caption, DeviceID, PNPDeviceID, Manufacturer, status /format:list > 0 & notepad 0

Press enter, please copy paste the notepad output into your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users