Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sick Of Football Commentators

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wiseacre

wiseacre

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

Ive had it. I wish theyd just show the games with live sound without the steroidiots making annoying comments about it. Does anyone have the superfan package from directv? This website says it lets you watch a game in 30 mins: www.heybuttercup.com Im wondering if they cut out commentary? Please let me know if you have it what its like.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

Those comments brought back memories of when Howard Cosell was working Monday Night Football. Tons of fans would turn the sound off of the TV and tune the game in on radio.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

I wish theyd just show the games with live sound without the steroidiots making annoying comments about it.

They actually did that as an experiment years ago. It was a dismal failure.
Seems most people preferred being annoyed over no commentary at all. :thumbsup:
MNF is really bad now that ESPN is doing it. Tony Kornheiser?, they should have just left that clown on PTI. My grandmother knows more about football and she's dead.
Al and John are still the kings. :flowers:

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

I've got TIVO, it's great. I work nites so I TIVO the game, watch it later. I can fast forward past all the commercials and boring stuff. I only take it off mute when it looks like something good is going to happen.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

That's a good idea, I have TiVo too. I just wish they'd have someone with a well-versed history of football and a mastery of statistics do the commentary. But I suppose they are catering to a different audience... I just realized that I have to get superfan in addition to sunday ticket if I want to see all the games in HD, which I desperately do seeing as my 67" DLP is only a couple months old and I haven't used the HD enough for my tastes. If anyone has superfan, do you know how they manage the audio for the 8 games on 1 screen? Is it silent, or a mix, or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users