Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sytem Freezing and Multiple Errors in Event Viewer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sydrian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

Hey, so my laptop started behaving super weird a while ago. It started off maybe a couple weeks ago where it would freeze up when I was streaming. Around this time I was noticing some really high CPU, and Disk numbers. (like 80-100) I checked to see if maybe I needed to update Firefox but nothing really changed.I also tried using Edge to see if the same thing happens on any browser, and yes it still freezes up.

At some point it also started giving me trouble with connecting to the internet, it would have a little red x and not show any network names.

Then about a week ago it started doing the same thing,Just freezing out of nowhere but now it was doing it  even if I was just shopping or surfing on the internet, then it started freezing even if I wasn't doing anything! Yesterday it froze like 5 minutes after I started it and I didn't even click on anything I was just waiting to see how long it would survive without crashing if I left it alone.

I am not ery good at fixing things myself, I have searched online and am having some trouble understanding all the different instructions.

So far I have updated my computer, and my browser

I have run a virus scan using Bitdefender (nothing came up)

I have run a scan using Malwarebytes (nothing came up)

I have tried  sfc/scannow (nothing)

I have also run a disk check (nothing)

I also used Driver Easy to see if anything needed updating but the only thing that showed up, according to windows was already up to date.

I tried looking into my Event Viewer to see what was going on under there and a whole bunch of errors were showing up. I unfortunately have no idea what they mean, if its related to my freezing problem and if there is a way for me to fix them

I'd really appreciate some help.

If its alright I have attached a zip file with all the Administrative Events, please take a look and maybe it makes sense to someone else?

If there is anything else you need me to do please let me know <3

Attached Files

Edited by Sydrian, 09 October 2017 - 10:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:20 AM

Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Be sure to run the Seagate Seatools for Windows (as the DOS version won't boot in UEFI) - there are numerous disk errors in the attached report.

Let us know the results of ALL of the diagnostics and we'll move on from there.

The disk test is only accurate for HDD's, not for SSD's

The alternative for SSD's is to try a clean install of Windows - and if the problem remains, then try a new SSD.

Edited by usasma, 10 October 2017 - 05:21 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Sydrian

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Thank you for the list of instructions and tests, I am going to move some of my important files to an external hardrive before I start them. Then I will update here with all the results !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users