Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Scheduled task entries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcblues

pcblues

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hello ,

Doing updates & tidy up on my seldom used Win7 Home Premium 64 bit computer ,

under Scheduled tasks I've found the two weird entries below , both set to " triggered start ".

Checking properties and searching on the net didn't help , to be on the safe side I have disabled both .

I'd love some advice on this , any way of finding out what these entries are /should I run scans or just delete it.

Thanks in advance :)

{EC4345D8-768D-49ED-8561-A7B5DFE0DA51}
{5D4778D4-28FB-4C1A-9DD1-737D027483AB}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

Chances are they are tied too one or more apps that are no longer installed. You can click on the item and in the bottom window click on the "Actions" tab. That should tell you more about the entry. Regardless, they are harmless and you can safely leave them alone or disable them, your call.

BTW, if you use disk imaging software on a regular basis you won't have to be concerned about making changes such as this. You'll always have a safe haven to which you can return.

#3 pcblues

pcblues
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Hello Allen ,

Thanks for your answer to my post and sorry for the late response !

I did check as suggested , last run date mid 2014 , found this page below, seems the program is related to Vista , really weird, computer never had Vista installed ,  only XP PRO and now Win 7 Home premium.

{5D4778D4-28FB-4C1A-9DD1-737D027483AB}
Action : start program C\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe – a D \ setup.EXE d - D:\-c / Autorun

https://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/76176-old-tasks-task-scheduler.html

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:18 AM

As I said above, don't worry about them.

#5 pcblues

pcblues
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Thanks Allan ... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users