Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

prep pc for warranty shipping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ron316

ron316

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

i need to send my msi for warranty how do i remove my accounts from this pc and google bookmarks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,826 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

If you have backed up your personal data and bookmarks you could do a reset with the option to not keep your files then wipe the free space with CCleaner. You would need to reinstall any programs after the computer was returned. This assumes you can boot the computer into Windows 10.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

#3 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

thanks for the reply.i cloned the drive but when i tried to reset the drive i kept getting error cant delete 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,826 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Can you provide more detail on the error? If you cloned the drive then you could wipe the drive and reinstall Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool.

#5 MsTeena

MsTeena

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

To get bookmarks, open google browser, click on the 3 dot menu in the top right hand corner and then select bookmarks and then bookmark manager. In bookmark manager click on the organize drop down menu and select export bookmarks as html file and a single file will be created.

Edited by MsTeena, 11 October 2017 - 05:49 PM.

#6 MsTeena

MsTeena

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Ron, you can get windows creation tool and do fresh install. Check it out..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

#7 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

it would start the wipe process and then it would come with error no files have been changed and it would not wipe i cant remember exacly what it said ijust deleated ,y google account and deleted google chrome and sent it in.thanks for allthe responce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users