Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help please I have a hard drive 1TB but it only shows 221GB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 harddrivefailurehelp

harddrivefailurehelp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

I have posted 2 four posts before this asking the same question and one of them got locked and no one is helping me its been 1 month someone please help me. The computer I am using is a TOSHIBA SATALITE S875D here are screenshotsAttached File  Capture.PNG   105.67KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Capture.PNG   105.67KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Capture.PNG   105.67KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,598 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Your original post on this topic, which spans two pages of responses, is here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/657683/hard-drive-1-tb-only-shows-221-gb/

You need to understand that it is not always possible for members of this forum, or any other, to come up with the solution to every problem.  The final post on your original thread has asked that you post a Speccy snapshot for your system, which you have not done.  Step by step instructions for doing this are:

- Using Speccy,  PDF Format 
                     - Using Speccy,  MS-Word Format

Those who wish to continue assisting you cannot do so if you will not provide them with the information they ask for, and they are asking for it for a reason.

This thread is being locked, as the other ones other than the original one were, in keeping with the BleepingComputer custom of "one problem, one computer, one forum, one thread."   Please continue anything else on the above referenced thread.  Any additional threads posted related to this same problem will be locked as there is already a very active one going.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

For someone who claims that no one attempts to help you...I refer to https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/657683/hard-drive-1-tb-only-shows-221-gb/#entry4337479 .

Posting a duplicate topic about the same issues...is always going to result in those duplicates either being deleted or closed.  This occurs because nothomg os gaomed bu stating the same things over and over...when it's apparent that one topic is more than sufficient for anyione to try to assist in resolving stated issues.

None of our members claim to be magicians or wizards...and they offer the best suggestions that come to their minds.  You can wish/hope for something "magical" that will resolve your issues...but I think we are fresh out of "magic" that we can dispense to members with problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users