Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Boot/Operating Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DAK_Windows

DAK_Windows

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hi, 

I hope everyone is doing alright today. For quite some time now, I am continuously being tortured by this grave issue I am facing in Windows 10. I have both Windows 8/10 installed separately on two hard drives in my system. Windows 8 is installed on a 160GB drive, and Windows 10 on a 500GB drive. 

Whenever I start my system and choose either Windows 10/8 to boot from, but mostly it happens with Windows 10; screen goes black for few minutes and then the system restarts instead of booting Windows 10. As I said it happens almost all the time with Windows 10, I cannot come to an understanding of what possibly is the problem?

I have just purchased a new powerful PC and installed both these Windows fresh, but still the issue persists? It was also happening on my previous system as well. On top of this, some functionalities of both Windows 10/8 hangs whenever I execute them. This includes:

1 - Checking for Windows Update

2 - Checking for driver updates from the Device Manager

3 - Accessing language, region, and time option

4 - Downloading and installing a required Microsoft application from Windows Update

5 - Explorer.exe often restarting whenever executing any program

I have run sfc /scannow on both my Windows 10/8 and no file integrity has been violated. I will be very thankful if any of the experts here in the community can help me out in tracking down this problem? Appreciate your time and effort to help. 

Thank you,

DAK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Disabling FAST START UP might help.

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users