Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"The specified path does not exist"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spiterbite

Spiterbite

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

So i have recently been having problems with windows 10. Whenever i try opening any windows tools such as "Task Manager", "Command Prompt", "Regedit", "Services" it never opens and instead it comes up with an error "The specified path does not exist". I provided the two screenshots of the error below.

https://gyazo.com/38bedc82fb3829c92cfc36b2a5bcd218
https://gyazo.com/737a502a4301f380128f9584f19505a3

I also can't open any installers that i download to my C drive unless it a .rar file and is inside winrar. Whenever i open the installer, the file explorer freezes and then again gives an error saying "The specified path does not exist". Screenshot provided below.

https://gyazo.com/68761616bf60611e92566e1fb6debf10

When i boot windows in safe mode, all the windows tools work and i can open "Task Manager", "Command Prompt", "Regedit", "Services", etc. with no problem. I assumed that this was a windows problem so I attempted to do a system restore but after going through all the phases of the restore, it reverted the changes and i was back where i started. I now question whether i should install windows on my second ssd and make that the bootable ssd. The problem with that is that i don't have a windows 10 product key because i bought this pc from someone else about a year ago so idk how that would be able to work.

PC Specs:
CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
PSU: Seasonix 850w Platinum Rated
COOLING: x6 Thermaltake Les White Blue Fan Ring
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Gaming Pro Z87-GD65
GPU: Titan X Pascal 12gb
SSD1: 256gb OCZ Vertex3
SSD2: 1TB OCZ 350 Revodrive 2.0
RAM: 32gb Vengeance Pro Red Ram 2400hz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spiterbite

Spiterbite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

So i recently did a clean restore to my second ssd. I initialized it and created a new simple volume as shown by video tutorials. The problem is that when i enter my ssd, it has nothing at all. It doesn't have the normal program files folders that it used to have. I was wondering on how to get those folders. Below i posted a screenshot of how my second ssd looks.

PC Specs:
CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
PSU: Seasonix 850w Platinum Rated
COOLING: x6 Thermaltake Les White Blue Fan Ring
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Gaming Pro Z87-GD65
GPU: Titan X Pascal 12gb
SSD1: 256gb OCZ Vertex3
SSD2: 1TB OCZ 350 Revodrive 2.0
RAM: 32gb Vengeance Pro Red Ram 2400hz

Edited by Spiterbite, 09 October 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

I have merged your two topics, since it seems to be dealing with the same computer, and in all likelihood the same problem.

Please explain what you are meaning by a "clean restore" to your second drive. Restore implies returning a saved condition to a drive. Re-initializing the drive and creating a new volume will result in an empty drive, its previous contents will no longer be there. Did you have the drive contents saved somewhere in order to restore them?

If you have cleared a drive of files that are referenced by Windows, you will naturally get the error that the path does not exist.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users