Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.MOV video files won't play on windows media player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 irvineboy

irvineboy

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:55 AM

I transferred some .mov files from my iphone to my laptop using Dropbox. In Dropbox, there is a green check meaning the file is completely transferred.  When I open Dropbox on my iphone, I can access the .mov files.  However, when I open Dropbox on my Windows 7 laptop, some .mov files work (everything in Sept) but some .mov files (everything from Oct 1 and on) only have audio but no video.  What is the issue?

Edited by irvineboy, 09 October 2017 - 01:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 irvineboy

irvineboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:38 AM

OK, I was told to install LAV filter and uninstall ffdshow.  That worked.  Maybe Apple used a difference video codec starting Oct. 1.  Anyways, that seemed to solve the problem.  However, the Oct mov files now only show icon.  I can't get it to show thumbmail like the Sept mov files.  Under "Tools" and "folder options" and "view" I unchecked "Always show icons, never thumbnails". But it only applied this to the Sept .mov files and not the Oct .mov files. The Oct .mov files still show an icon. How do I make them all show thumbnail? 

Edited by irvineboy, 09 October 2017 - 02:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users