Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2012 R2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cal516

cal516

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

I am using Windows Server 2012 R2 Virtual Machine through VM Workstation 12 Player. My Server VM (which is my domain controller) will not load the desktop. It is simply loading a blue screen with the logon screen partially loaded. I am not having any trouble with my other machines which are two more servers and a Windows 7 machine. I found a "hotfix" for Windows Server 2008 but have found a fix for this version. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 vpetkovic

vpetkovic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Are you able to access your 2012 R2 server via RDP session instead from console (VM Workstation Player)?

#3 MLink

MLink

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

• Can you access your machine via RDP?
  • What happens when you reboot the VM and watch this through the console?
  • Can you modify the services on this remotely through the MMC on another device on the network? Are all desired services correct.
  • Has there been any driver updates on this which could have caused this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users