Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Movies not playing on new laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jhess56

jhess56

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

I've searched for this issue and find various sites saying it's a win10 issue or a general drm issue etc but can't make sense of any of it.

I have all of my movie files, legally bought and owned/downloaded in dropbox...I just bought a new laptop and am trying to play my movies and where I had zero issues playing any of them in windows media player or vlc now I'm getting nothing but various errors...they won't load at all in itunes to try that. MP4 movies from youtube play just fine but anything else...wmv files...

Movies&TV
this file does not come from a trusted, recognized provider. playing it might damage your device or put your data at risk. if you're sure it's legitimate, contact the provider for a recommendation on how to play it. 0xc10100b5

VLC
Could not demux ASF stream:
DRM protected streams are not supported.
VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///C:/Users/myvideoy.wmv' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

I've searched for this issue and find various sites saying it's a win10 issue or a general drm issue etc but can't make sense of any of it.

I have all of my movie files, legally bought and owned/downloaded in dropbox...I just bought a new laptop and am trying to play my movies and where I had zero issues playing any of them in windows media player or vlc now I'm getting nothing but various errors...they won't load at all in itunes to try that. MP4 movies from youtube play just fine but anything else...wmv files...

Movies&TV
this file does not come from a trusted, recognized provider. playing it might damage your device or put your data at risk. if you're sure it's legitimate, contact the provider for a recommendation on how to play it. 0xc10100b5

VLC
Could not demux ASF stream:
DRM protected streams are not supported.
VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///C:/Users/myvideoy.wmv' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

VLC does not play DRM protected files.  With Movies & TV that is just a warning, and you should be able to still play them.  I suppose if you download movies which are not DRM protected you would not have any issues.

Edited by dhagerjohns, 08 October 2017 - 10:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users