Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2012 R2 Virtual Machine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cal516

cal516

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

I am using Windows Server 2012 R2 Virtual Machine through VM Workstation 12 Player. My Server VM (which is my domain controller) will not load the desktop. It is simply loading a blue screen with the logon screen partially loaded. I am not having any trouble with my other machines which are two more servers and a Windows 7 machine. I found a "hotfix" for Windows Server 2008 but have found a fix for this version. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

What OS is the host using? What OS are the other two servers running? Is the host OS compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2? https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software How did you configure the hard drive, CPU and memory on the DC VM? Did you provide enough resources for each?

Edited by sflatechguy, 15 October 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#3 cal516

cal516
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

What OS is the host using? What OS are the other two servers running? Is the host OS compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2? https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software How did you configure the hard drive, CPU and memory on the DC VM? Did you provide enough resources for each?

The host is Windows 7. The VM Servers are Windows 2012 R2. The DC VM memory 8gb and the Hard Disk is 20 GB. The DC VM was working until I added 3 more servers and a Win 7 VM. Do I need to increase the Hard Disk for the DC?

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Server 2012 R2 requires a minimum 32GB hard drive. Standard is 80GB for a VHD/VM.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn303418(v=ws.11).aspx

Also make sure your host system has sufficient CPU, RAM and free hard drive space to run multiple VMs at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users