See if the two programs below can find the cause. Use CCleaner before running the scans. If they don't solve the problem then
use the directions below for starting a new topic in the malware removal forum.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
- download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
Download and run the FREE online scanner from Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
- If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
- In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.
Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.
After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.