Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New mobo/cpu | Computer starts, won't boot, all fans except gpu go, no signal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Georgelopez

Georgelopez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

As the title says. I also cannot turn it off once it's on without switching off my power supply. New ram as well. The gpu fan sputters on a pattern after turning the pc on.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1500x
Gpu: Gtx 1060 sc evga single fan
Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengeance ddr3 rub
Psu: Evga 600 Bronze
Motherboard: Asrock ab350 gaming k4
2tb hdd and 128gb boot ssd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Sounds like a power supply problem, 12 volts (for the fans and drives) works but the CPU needs 5 volts to start.  Either the PS failed or there is a problem on the MOBO not letting 5 volts to the CPU and the rest of the unit.

#3 Georgelopez

Georgelopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Sounds like a power supply problem, 12 volts (for the fans and drives) works but the CPU needs 5 volts to start.  Either the PS failed or there is a problem on the MOBO not letting 5 volts to the CPU and the rest of the unit.

Alright thank you, I will try to test a different power supply and then I will post results

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Your motherboard has integrated graphics.  Uninstall the dedicated card and see what happens with the integrated graphics.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Georgelopez

Georgelopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Your motherboard has integrated graphics.  Uninstall the dedicated card and see what happens with the integrated graphics.

I switched my power supply and now I can turn it off, but still no picture. No bios or anything. Also took my gpu and plugged in hdmi to motherboard with same results.

#6 ps2cho

ps2cho

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Whenever I have this issue I find its best to remove everything from the case and run it on a table to eliminate any shorts.

Usually comes from incorrectly or extra case standoffs touching the bottom of the mobo - touch the PWRON jumper and its a screwdriver on both pins to get it to run.

R5 does NOT have integrated graphics, even if mobo has the connectors, it's not built into the CPU

Edited by ps2cho, 09 October 2017 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users