Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help! Graphics card compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PoorPCGuy

PoorPCGuy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 (i580-6654NBC) core i3 550
I want to upgrade the graphics card that I already have to a evga gtx 780 6gb that I found for a great price
Problem is I don't know if it's compatible or if it will even fit in the case
Thanks for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Here's the specs for that card - https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=3B81D7E2-830D-43CC-8FEE-D15F2AB43767

It should be compatible in that given enough power, and space to fit the card, it should work in the motherboard.  You can check whether it will fit in the case by measuring from the expansion slot blanking plate backwards and checking whether there are any obstructions in that zone.  It's a dual slot card and is 10.5" long.  Most of these systems seem to be fitted with low end graphics cards..

It requires a high spec power supply (600w recommended)  with a PCIe 8 pin and 6 pin plug.  These PC's were supplied with a 300w PSU, I believe, so that will definitely need changing.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users