Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Defender and Google Chrome..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

i use Google chrome and Windows defender (built in to windows 10)

will it protect me when i use Google chrome and does the anti-virus work when i use Google chrome?

because i don't want to install 3rd-party anti-viruses (free anti viruses) because there's alot free anti-viruses that you can't trust i think :/

and will it protect the whole OS

-cheers brent lett me know something 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,971 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Which web browser you use won't alter how the anti-virus operates, the protection will be the same.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

i use Google chrome and Windows defender (built in to windows 10)

will it protect me when i use Google chrome and does the anti-virus work when i use Google chrome?

because i don't want to install 3rd-party anti-viruses (free anti viruses) because there's alot free anti-viruses that you can't trust i think :/

and will it protect the whole OS

-cheers brent lett me know something 

Any antivirus will protect you if they detect malicious files on your system. However, depending on their features, some may protect browsers more specifically.

Emsisoft Community Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users