Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with bitdefender and how to uninstall it?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

So because Windows Defender definitions can't still be updated, i decided to install bitdefender instead. Everything went normal until my place suddenly got an electric shutdown. Bitdefender suddenly gone haywire after i turned my pc back on.. I can't scan disks or file individually by right-clicking it, i can't sign in unless i run the installer first (if i don't run it, i can't sign in as the button in the tray doesn't do anything), and it seems that i kept getting logged out everytime my PC turned off so it's pretty annoying. What's more, it seems that i can't uninstall bitdefender! There's no bitdefender in installed apps nor programs & features. Anyone please help me solve these problems or get rid of bitdefender

UPDATE: Bitdefender doesn't show up at Revo Uninstaller
UPDATE: I used the free version of Bitdefender

Edited by Zooasaurus, 07 October 2017 - 03:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

When unexpected issues arise with anti-virus software, I generally recommend a reinstall which resolves most problems...unless the product offers a "Repair" option which you can try first. If that does not correct the issue, then an uninstall and use of the vendor's removal tool (if one is available) for performing a clean reinstall would be the next step.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

When unexpected issues arise with anti-virus software, I generally recommend a reinstall which resolves most problems...unless the product offers a "Repair" option which you can try first. If that does not correct the issue, then an uninstall and use of the vendor's removal tool (if one is available) for performing a clean reinstall would be the next step.

Well, i'm trying but the program doesn't appear on either Control Panel or Installed Programs... I've mentioned it in the post

Edited by Zooasaurus, 07 October 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

If there is no shortcut in Start → All Programs → Bitdefender Free Edition → Repair or Remove...then you can downloading the setup file again and try reinstalling over the existing installation. That should correct the missing shortcuts and registry entries and allow you to remove Bitdefender if the reinstall did not fix the problems/issues you described above.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

If there is no shortcut in Start → All Programs → Bitdefender Free Edition → Repair or Remove...then you can downloading the setup file again and try reinstalling over the existing installation. That should correct the missing shortcuts and registry entries and allow you to remove Bitdefender if the reinstall did not fix the problems/issues you described above.

I've tried that, but in the end it said "Product already installed, You are protected". I've tried contacting the Costumer Care, but so far there's no helpful response

Edited by Zooasaurus, 07 October 2017 - 10:43 PM.

#6 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

Oh yeah, i'm using Windows 10

#7 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

UPDATE: So i used Bitdefender uninstall tool, the 2018, 2017, and the version that i get from kapersky website. All of them encounter errors, but WD (which finally successfully updates it definition) now becomes my main antivirus. Bitdefender still remains though

#8 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

https://imgur.com/a/DubXG

The errors

#9 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

UPDATE: Revo hunter mode failed to uninstall the app. Any other suggestions?
Kill and delete option doesn't work. It said i need admin permission even though i am the admin

#10 NinaGood

NinaGood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

Have just the same issue on Windows 7

#11 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hi all!

Did you try the Bitdefender Gonzales Uninstall Tool, which quietman7 recommended?

Additionally, I would recommend that you start Windows in Safe Mode, in which Bitdefender Free will not run and this will make sure that all the BD Uninstall Tools will work just as intended. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows10

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows7

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 09 October 2017 - 10:44 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#12 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

Update, used tool in safe mode. While it said succesfully deleted registry and files (but fail to execute additional tools), bitdefender remained after i restarted to normal mode :(

Edited by Zooasaurus, 11 October 2017 - 05:34 AM.

#13 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 787 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hi again, Zooasaurus!

Sorry to hear that, however, I suppose you tried all the three Bitdefender Uninstall Tools, BD Paid Uninstall Tool and BD Trial Uninstall Tool as well as the BD Gonzales Uninstall Tool in Safe Mode, by right-clicking and choosing Run as Admin, is that correct?

There are two more solutions to try, and they are as follows: ESET AV Remover, which might benefit from being run in Safe Mode too, and then there is a new major version of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, which comes on October 17, 2017.

The latter is of course the nuclear option, but anyway, as you can see in my signature, I have tried multiple anti-virus programs and anti-malware tools, and some, but not many of them, actually conflicted to the point of needing to perform a clean reinstall of my OS, with the Media Creation Tool.

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 12 October 2017 - 02:00 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#14 Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

My problem by now has solved. Bitdefender is finally gone, though i'm now faced with this new Windows Update problem. Thanks for the assistance midmusicman :D

#15 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 787 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

Hi again, Zooasaurus!

You are welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community!

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 12 October 2017 - 09:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users