Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I fix errors caused by faulting module name Kernalbase.dll

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 MadDemon64

MadDemon64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

The Event Viewer can be really confusing, there are a lot of warnings, errors, and informational messages.  Without knowing what it all means, you can incorrectly assume that your computer is broken or infected when there’s nothing really wrong.

The events themselves are what you want to see, but the usefulness of these events can range from being very specific and obvious things that you can fix easily to the very vague messages that don’t make any sense.

Unless you are experienced enough with determining which event errors are significant you may not find anything which is going to point you in a direction which will help with diagnosing issues with a computer.  The Werfault.exe is a good example, this is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications.

This problem goes back to the Kernalbase.dllI still believe your best options is to perform a Refresh.

What version of Malwarebytes do you have installed, the 2.2 version or the 3. version?

If this is the 3. version did you purchase the full application?

If you believe Malwarebytes is causing this problem I would suggest uninstalling it and not reinstall it until you can determine if this really is the culprit.  It is rare to hear that Malwarebytes has been responsible for any conflict between itself and other applications.  If the problem does continue after being uninstalled you will know that this isn't the culprit.

It is version 3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Did you purchase the full version?

Did you uninstall Malwarebytes to see if this is what was causing the problem?  If you did, what were the results?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#18 MadDemon64

MadDemon64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Did you purchase the full version?

Did you uninstall Malwarebytes to see if this is what was causing the problem?  If you did, what were the results?

I purchased the full version and when I uninstalled it the problem went away.

The problem actually started after the program updated a month ago and it's been going on and off ever since.  Figured maybe something was wrong with the update and it clashed with what was already installed so maybe just dumping the entire program and reinstalling it would work.

So far, so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users