Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Temps, Hardware Crashes to black screen requiring Cold Boot during Gaming

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hello All,

Been a long time since I last posted here, I now have a Brand New computer of my own. For the past year and a half, I have been in the possession of a Clevo P870DM-G Gaming Laptop. Everything was working perfectly until late August this year. It seems in a multitude of games, such as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Planetside 2, Stellaris & Many others I have been plagued with awful hardware crashes that can differ from either just pitch black screens or Broken Artifacts. I've tried reinstalling, using optimisation fixes, as well as running even lowest possible graphics and it seems the same problems persist. As of the time I posted this, I attempted to run Heaven Benchmark and for the first time, it actually seemed to trigger a crash when my GPU hit around 80 Degrees. Here's a quick rundown of my specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Notebook P870DM-G (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@75Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)
Storage
476GB Micron_M600_MTFDDAV512MBF (SSD)
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

So far, with my issues, here's what I've tried (Not including singling out games to No-Avail):

-Ran perfmon /report in run: All hardware passed

-Used sfc /scannow in Powershell with clean results

-Used DDU to uninstall everything and then reinstall (Although this was not in Safe Mode, which leads to a secondary problem i'll address soon) 

-Ran CrystalDiskInfo with 97% Health on my SSD (Windows Install Location) 

-Double checked Hardware Temps, only abnormalities is Motherboard running very hot, sometimes hotter than CPU (70-ish degrees) 

-Opened up Back case of Laptop, cleaned out fans with compressed air.  (Did this in August when the problem began, took a Picture of the Aftermath for reference)

Now to my secondary problem:

I can't boot into my Safemode properly either.

Last time I tried to boot into safe mode, I was stuck to the Windows Logon screen, to the point of where I actually had to boot into my Windows rescue USB, and force windows to boot back normally by running CMD off of the USB (Painful, I know). For some reason, Windows thinks my Admin account has a set password on it besides the one I use to login (4 Digit Pin, the account is linked to Microsoft account). So I think the problem here is that its impossible to give it my microsoft password because A. It's not connected to the Internet, and B. There isnt a password on the account itself stored to begin with. 

So far, I have only one lead that I found in Event Viewer some time ago. During one of my Routine Cold-Boots, I was able to find a Critical Error known as 'Bugcheck' with the error reading as the following: 

The Computer has Rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80136832e6e, 0xffffe681fdfd8c18, 0xffffe681fdfd8460). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

What's even more frustrating, however, is that any attempts to both find the Error itself and any new ones has yielded me no results from Event Viewer so far (Doesen't want to show anything over 10 items regardless) and the MEMORY.DMP file is completely nonexistent.  I am at a total loss for whether my Computer may be suffering Software Wise or Hardware Wise, but I would appreciate even the smallest amount of guidance with this problem of mine. Thankfully, the computer functions perfectly fine in Normal scenarios, but I fear its performance with its intended use (Gaming/Mobile Workstation) is hindered with these problems in the way, especially since I take a risk running even games that take no demanding specs to run (Starcraft II, TF2, come to mind as examples). Below I've attached Screenshots of my CrystalDisk, CPU/GPU-Z, HWInfo as well as my perfmon results. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you so much for the help and I look forward to hearing from someone soon! 

EDIT1: To Clarify, These Crashes Are not BSOD's. They seem to vary between going straight to a black screen with looping/continuous audio, or Broken Geometry/ Artifacts with a loud Buzzing. 

Attached Files

Edited by StarmaninDisguise11, 06 October 2017 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Please...provide the log data mentioned in BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ , just submit it as your next post to this topic.

Louis

#3 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hello Louis,

My apologies, I have attached the file you have requested in this post. Thanks for your help. 

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

Motherboard running hotter than CPU is a problem.  One has to wonder how hot the board actually is, since it has limited sensor access.

You do have a password - and it's the same as the one for your Microsoft account.
Microsoft won't let you use a PIN unless you use your Microsoft account - and that becomes the password for your system.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1.05.07LS1) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

C: drive only has about 1% free space.  Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance.  Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty).  Low free space can cause BSOD's - but the actual amount depends on the files being used by the system.

You have hard shutdowns that are associated with video drivers (seen in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report).

As you have changed the video drivers already, a hardware problem with the video card or motherboard is the most likely problem here.

Please start by running these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please start with the Furmark and Video 2 tests, but complete all of the tests and let us know the results.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Hello usasma, Thanks for the help.

Alright, I cleared up around 89GB on my C: Drive, and I ran all the main tests in the links you provided me except for Prime95. While it was running, I noticed that my Temps for my Motherboard and CPU were incredibly high (Both around 89C according to Piriform Speccy) So I cancelled the stress test to prevent my computer overheating. 

I ran Furmark both in 720 and in 1080- GPU temps would rise to 80 Degrees gradually then would cool down and plateau to around mid 70's. As for VMT and IDTP64, I ran those and passed them all. No crashes on any of them. 

Should I have kept Prime95 running? I was a little paranoid of it burning out my system so I canceled it when the temps rose up, at-least for the Motherboard. I have the logs and results for all of these programs if you need them. There is also one Windows Update I need to install (KB4040724) and I have that scheduled to install tonight, but I can go ahead and do so now if you would like. 

Also, my attempts to find any BIOS updates on the CLEVO website only yielded results for Trackpad/ other Chipset Drivers that seem to have been uploaded back in 2015. Strangely enough though, the website gives the following notice: 

Newer version of BIOS includes feature and bug fix of all the previous versions. Unless specified in description or readme file, you just need to download and upgrade to the latest version. 
You can not and should not use them on other vendor's products.

Yet strangely, there is no labeled download for a BIOS update for my Specific Model. 

Regarding the Microsoft Account Password- If I reset the password for my Microsoft account and my Computer was on and connected to the Internet, would it automatically update it or would I have to do so Manually?

Edited by StarmaninDisguise11, 07 October 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

If the temps don't level out, then it's likely that the problem is temperature related.

Have you tried using a cooling pad for the laptop to see if that helps?

I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert advice:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

Yes, if connected to the internet and you change your Microsoft Account password, the password would automatically update.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hello usasma,

My apologies for going under the Radar. 

Should I go ahead and create a new post in the aforementioned Forum or should I move this Thread to it?

Additionally, I have an update that might provide some confirmations or clarifications on my end.

It seems later today I was able to pull out another Bugcheck error with the following:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000301, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80b9d877da2). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

Luckily, I was able to find the MEMORY.DMP and open it with WinDbg. However, it seems the Document is apparently Partially Corrupted. I can attach the .dmp in this post if you'd like so you perhaps inform me on what I'm doing wrong here. 

I'd also like to clarify that I have now fixed the Safe Mode issues I was experiencing earlier: It seems the Fix was just changing from a Microsoft account to a Local one and simply logging in on that. With that in mind, I was able to do a chkdsk this time and I do have the CBS logs if you need them too. I also was finally able to completely wipe out my NVIDIA drivers with DDU just recently, but this was after the Bugcheck occurred, ergo a few hours ago.

Thanks once again. 

EDIT: Was messing about with WhoCrashed when I discovered some data. Just had a crash but this time Windows didnt seem to detect a Bugcheck, but it seems the last three Crashes have been on specific Drivers. ntosknrl.exe and bwcw10x64.sys are listed as some of the culprits, although strangely enough, the latest recorded one (11/11 @ 2:30PM) Did not specify any files but did suggest it was most likely a third party driver.  All the Minidumps and Dumps stored on this computer label the error type as either "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or just the same without "DRIVER".

Edited by StarmaninDisguise11, 12 November 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

The BSOD's that you've mentioned are most likely driver issues - and the 3rd party drivers are much more commonly to blame than are Windows drivers (assuming that the system has ALL Windows Updates.  BUT, just because a driver crashes doesn't mean that it's a 3rd party driver issue (as it can also be hardware, compatibility, or Windows drivers).  That's why they're so difficult to pin down/fix.

Please zip up and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump.
If unable to zip it there, copy it to your Desktop and zip it there.

Be sure to continue to monitor your temps to see if they are related to the crashes.

Edited by usasma, 13 November 2017 - 05:33 AM.

#9 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:04 AM

Alright, I have the Minidumps uploaded in a .zip in the Attachments below, let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on my temps, too. But so far, with the last recorded Crash (Playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive) , it seems my CPU & GPU were moderately stable at around 60-50 Degrees Celsius, Give or take. This includes the Motherboard which was slightly ahead of the CPU Temperature wise. 

Attached Files

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

One blames video, the other blames wifi

Most often when this happens, it's a hardware issue - although it also can be compatibility or low-level drivers causing it.

First, one has to wonder about the mobo temps and if they're related to the crashes.

First, I would run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

I would let it crash at least 3 times to give us more info.  Then zip  up the C:\Windows\Minidump folder again and upload it.

As for the corrupted dump, don't bother uploading it.  I wouldn't be able to get anything out of a corrupted dump file.

While waiting for a reply, try a clean boot

( Perform a Clean Boot:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

If that stops the problem, then re-enable things a few at a time until you figure out what's causing it.
Then uninstall the problem program (from Start...Settings...Apps...Apps & Features - if you don't find it there, check the right sidebar for Programs and Features and see if you can remove it from there).

If this is a hardware problem, I would expect that the problems will continue with the clean boot.

But this is easier than a clean install.

The step after that is either:

- a clean install (to rule out Windows and 3rd party drivers), or

- these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If all the diagnostics pass, then you'll move on to this procedure:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Please update these older drivers.  Links are provided in order to assist you with looking up the source of the drivers.  
If unable to find an update, please uninstall the program that is responsible for that driver.  

DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!!!:

MBfilt64.sys                Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver) - Was found in the latest Win8 version available from Realtek on 07Sep2013 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&amp;PNid=24&amp;PFid=24&amp;Level=4&amp;Conn=3&amp;DownTypeID=3&amp;GetDown=false
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBfilt64.sys

SvThANSP.sys                Fri Oct 11 23:08:38 2013 (5258BD36)
Savitech Hotkey Driver None at http://www.savitech-ic.com/ [br]Must get from OEM.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SvThANSP.sys

FPWinIo.sys                 Tue Oct  7 05:42:57 2014 (5433B5A1)
Egis Technologies Biometric Scanners Requires registration at https://cis.egistech.com/[br]Get drivers from OEM
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=FPWinIo.sys

XtuAcpiDriver.sys           Thu Feb 26 07:51:57 2015 (54EF16ED)
Intel extreme tuning BIOS interface driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=XtuAcpiDriver.sys

RtsPer.sys                  Wed May  6 03:22:09 2015 (5549C121)
RealTek RTS PCIE READER Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false[br]or from OEM
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsPer.sys

lgcoretemp.sys              Tue Jun  9 12:52:10 2015 (557719BA)
Logitech Gaming Software driver http://support.logitech.com/en_gb/software/lgs
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lgcoretemp.sys

AirplaneModeHid.sys         Tue Jul 14 05:43:04 2015 (55A4D9A8)
Insyde Airplane Mode HID Mini-drive OEM - none at http://www.insydesw.com/
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AirplaneModeHid.sys

HKKbdFltr.sys               Tue Jul 21 23:36:56 2015 (55AF0FD8)
HotKey Keyboard Class Filter Service (Signed by Insyde Software) OEM only. None at www.insyde.com
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HKKbdFltr.sys

HKMouFltr.sys               Tue Jul 21 23:36:59 2015 (55AF0FDB)
HotKey Mouse Class Filter Service (Signed by Insyde Software) OEM. None at http://www.insyde.com
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HKMouFltr.sys

iaStorA.sys                 Mon Jul 27 05:26:48 2015 (55B5F958)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver  http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx XP
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

TeeDriverW8x64.sys          Tue Jul 28 13:35:42 2015 (55B7BD6E)
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver OEM or http://downloadcenter.intel.com[br][br]Installation instructions - http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-10-a/18573-windows-10-error-0x800f081f-source-file-not-found.html#post144391
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverW8x64.sys

bwcW10x64.sys               Thu Jul 30 13:11:32 2015 (55BA5AC4)
Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver Download - http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads [br]Support - http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bwcW10x64.sys

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Thu Nov  9 00:49:11.926 2017 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\110817-7218-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 15063 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 15063.0.amd64fre.rs2_release.170317-1834
System Uptime:2 days 7:51:59.601
Probably caused by :dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidMmInterface+3dfbe )
BugCheck A, {8, 2, 0, fffff800c24ce5de}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
    bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800c24ce5de, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_dxgmms2!VidMmInterface
CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz"
MaxSpeed:     4000
CurrentSpeed: 4008
  BIOS Version                  1.05.07LS1
  BIOS Release Date             02/17/2016
  Manufacturer                  Notebook                        
  Product Name                  P870DM-G                        
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Wed Nov  1 12:11:34.633 2017 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\110117-8109-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 15063 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 15063.0.amd64fre.rs2_release.170317-1834
System Uptime:8 days 8:48:50.313
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bwcW10x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bwcW10x64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8042a95b0db}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8042a95b0db, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz"
MaxSpeed:     4000
CurrentSpeed: 4008
  BIOS Version                  1.05.07LS1
  BIOS Release Date             02/17/2016
  Manufacturer                  Notebook                        
  Product Name                  P870DM-G                        
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Thu Nov  9 00:49:11.926 2017 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MBfilt64.sys                Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
SvThANSP.sys                Fri Oct 11 23:08:38 2013 (5258BD36)
FPWinIo.sys                 Tue Oct  7 05:42:57 2014 (5433B5A1)
XtuAcpiDriver.sys           Thu Feb 26 07:51:57 2015 (54EF16ED)
RtsPer.sys                  Wed May  6 03:22:09 2015 (5549C121)
lgcoretemp.sys              Tue Jun  9 12:52:10 2015 (557719BA)
AirplaneModeHid.sys         Tue Jul 14 05:43:04 2015 (55A4D9A8)
HKKbdFltr.sys               Tue Jul 21 23:36:56 2015 (55AF0FD8)
HKMouFltr.sys               Tue Jul 21 23:36:59 2015 (55AF0FDB)
iaStorA.sys                 Mon Jul 27 05:26:48 2015 (55B5F958)
TeeDriverW8x64.sys          Tue Jul 28 13:35:42 2015 (55B7BD6E)
bwcW10x64.sys               Thu Jul 30 13:11:32 2015 (55BA5AC4)
SynTP.sys                   Tue Sep  8 18:46:23 2015 (55EF653F)
Smb_driver_Intel.sys        Tue Sep  8 18:46:55 2015 (55EF655F)
RTKVHD64.sys                Mon Oct  5 08:51:25 2015 (5612724D)
LGVirHid.sys                Sat Feb 27 00:18:47 2016 (56D131B7)
LGJoyXlCore.sys             Sat Feb 27 00:18:51 2016 (56D131BB)
LGBusEnum.sys               Sat Feb 27 00:18:54 2016 (56D131BE)
btfilter.sys                Wed Jun  8 05:56:54 2016 (5757EBE6)
e2xw10x64.sys               Wed Sep 14 16:52:26 2016 (57D9B88A)
CorsairVBusDriver.sys       Tue Jan 17 11:58:53 2017 (587E4D4D)
CorsairVHidDriver.sys       Tue Jan 17 11:58:54 2017 (587E4D4E)
Qcamain10x64.sys            Tue Apr 18 06:21:46 2017 (58F5E8BA)
nvhda64v.sys                Tue May 16 09:02:27 2017 (591AF863)
nvvad64v.sys                Sun May 28 19:04:45 2017 (592B578D)
aswKbd.sys                  Tue Aug 22 14:02:36 2017 (599C71BC)
aswbuniva.sys               Tue Sep  5 04:01:07 2017 (59AE59C3)
aswbidsha.sys               Tue Sep  5 04:01:08 2017 (59AE59C4)
aswbidsdrivera.sys          Tue Sep  5 04:01:09 2017 (59AE59C5)
aswbloga.sys                Tue Sep  5 04:01:10 2017 (59AE59C6)
nvlddmkm.sys                Sat Sep 16 12:54:01 2017 (59BD5729)
aswRvrt.sys                 Mon Sep 25 08:09:06 2017 (59C8F1E2)
aswRdr2.sys                 Mon Sep 25 08:09:33 2017 (59C8F1FD)
aswMonFlt.sys               Mon Sep 25 08:21:02 2017 (59C8F4AE)
aswVmm.sys                  Mon Sep 25 08:21:05 2017 (59C8F4B1)
aswSP.sys                   Mon Sep 25 08:21:26 2017 (59C8F4C6)
aswStm.sys                  Mon Sep 25 08:30:48 2017 (59C8F6F8)
aswSnx.sys                  Tue Oct 24 18:56:31 2017 (59EFC51F)
intelppm.sys                ***** Invalid 2007 Invalid 2007 Invalid
**************************Wed Nov  1 12:11:34.633 2017 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
cpuz143_x64.sys             Mon May 22 04:17:51 2017 (59229EAF)
lpsport.SYS                 Tue Jun  6 07:53:57 2017 (593697D5)
aswSnx.sys                  Mon Oct  2 04:12:27 2017 (59D1F4EB)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBfilt64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SvThANSP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=FPWinIo.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=XtuAcpiDriver.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsPer.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lgcoretemp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AirplaneModeHid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HKKbdFltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HKMouFltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverW8x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bwcW10x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Smb_driver_Intel.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGJoyXlCore.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e2xw10x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CorsairVBusDriver.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CorsairVHidDriver.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Qcamain10x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswKbd.sys
aswbuniva.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
aswbidsha.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswbidsdrivera.sys
aswbloga.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRvrt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRdr2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswMonFlt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswVmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswStm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz143_x64.sys
lpsport.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys

#11 StarmaninDisguise11

StarmaninDisguise11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Using Driver Verifier seems risky- What should I do if perchance I am unable to Boot in to Windows? I have heard stories of Driver Verifier making it unable to Boot, which has me concerned. I also can't do a Hardware strip-down as I am too unfamiliar with Laptops and A full strip down would void my warranties (2-3 Year Insurance). If we can rule this out as a Hardware problem though, then I can get this thing serviced. 

And regarding the Clean Boot, does that affect just Drivers or will that affect some of my programs i.e. Steam? I figure if we're going to Clean Boot then I'll want to test and see if the Crash occurs with the same game, but I'm wondering if said game would be affected by the NVIDIA Driver's being unmounted. You'll have to pardon my paranoia and hesitation on this.

Lastly, should I follow everything in order? Just want to make sure I don't make any irreversible mistakes as we are heading into uncharted territory for me, haha. 

I have a feeling that this is probably not Hardware related as I know I am able to play other 3D Games for long periods of time with Zero issues (Team Fortress 2 and Stellaris) for example, the periods themselves being anywhere from 30 minutes to over eight hours. Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to perhaps break things down a little more for me? Perhaps it may ease my mind. 

Many Thanks. 

EDIT: I'm not sure if it means any differently, but one thing that's been odd about this whole debacle is that I've never actually gotten an actual BSOD. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing a BSOD ever occur on this Machine, It's always been a crash to a black or solid color screen. The Computer has always acted like it was on, strangely enough though and I do recall one time I tried to put the computer to sleep and then turn it back on. The lights and HUD all seemed normal, but there was no audio or visual response coming in- But fans, and the System lights all were fine. But I've never been lucky enough for it to recover a crash to the Desktop.

Edited by StarmaninDisguise11, 13 November 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

If you're concerned, make an image of your hard drive.  That way you can restore the image back if all else fails.

If it's a hardware problem, you can then install the image back after fixing the hardware problem.

If it's a software problem, then the image will still have the software problem in it.

The hardware stripdown isn't very effective on a laptop because most of the parts are soldered to the motherboard.

Most repair centers will require that you do a clean install of the OS that it came with (and verifying that the problem does still exist) before repairing it.

Over the years that I've used the Driver Verifier instructions (about 10), I've only found a few (2 or 3) instances where one cannot fix things in order to boot to Windows

The Clean Boot generally stops everything that's not from Microsoft from running.  As such, if you want to start Steam, you'll have to launch it manually.

The best test is actually a clean install of Windows.  If you make an image (or get another hard drive to put the clean install on) - then you can revert back to the current version by reimaging/reinstalling the drive.

The list of drivers above is a list of 3rd party (non-Windows) driver that were present in memory when the system crashed.
As such, they are the most likely to be involved in the crash.

Next most likely are 3rd party drivers that have exited before the crash.

Next most likely is a hardware issue

Next most likely is a Windows issue (presuming that Windows is fully updated).

Driver Verifier is the best tool we have for identifying faulting drivers - but it is not 100% accurate.
Should you choose not to do Driver Verifier or the Clean Boot - then the most effective solution is a clean install of Windows:

A clean install is:
- Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
- The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
- Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
- NO 3rd party software is installed.
- There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image.
One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them :(
Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
- rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
- rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
- so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users