Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrueKey won't go away.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dippster

Dippster

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

I tried uninstalling Intel True Key, but all I find is Intel Graphics Driver, Intel Management Engine Component, Intel USB 3.0 Extensible host controller driver.

The first time I unstalled it (I thought) it went away and came right back.  I think this thing is trying to drive me crazy!  Help.

I uninstalled my 2 Adobe files too.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,997 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Search for the following file, Mcafee.TrueKey.Uninstaller.exe. If you cab't find it using Windows 7 search use the search tool Everything.

If the file is not found contact Support.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126934

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

There are instructions for removing Intel True Key at How to remove True Key by Intel Security - gHacks Tech News

After you have uninstalled either the Flash program or Mcafee program that True Key was bundled with....

QUOTE:

Note: This may not remove the True Key service called InstallerWrapperService, nor some files in the True Key directory. It should remove the service and the files when you shutdown the PC fully and start it again.

If not, do the following to check for the service's and the True Key folder's existence.

service-installer-wrapper-truekey.jpg

1. Tap on the Windows-key, type services.msc and hit the Enter-key to open the Services Manager.
  2. Locate the service "Service Installer Wrapper TrueKey" in the listing. If the listing is not sorted by name, click on the name column header to do so.
  3. Right-click on the service, and select Stop.
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\TrueKey afterwards.
  5. You will find the following files there despite running the uninstallation on the system: config.ini, InstallerWrapperService.exe, InstallerWrapperService.exe.config, and Mcafree.TrueKey.InstallerService.exe
  6. Delete those files.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users